Objective of the position
As Automation Engineer you will be a key part of developing Omnio’s product and implementing it in the field. You will therefore be involved in a wide range of tasks across the company including project management, PLC programming, protocol reverse engineering and field implementations.
Tasks & Responsibilities
● Act as project manager on Omnio’s projects in the field
● Implement protocol stacks in Omnio’s solution – either open sourced, from OEMs or reverse engineered.
● Test Omnio’s solution physically on devices
● Act as operational technology expert within Omnio and provide advice to other teams
● Come up with novel solutions to hard operational challenges
● You have experience in…
Industrial networking such as ModBus, ProfitNet, EthernetIP, CANbus, MTConnect etc.
Reverse-engineering of proprietary protocols.
Experience on different PLC brand such as Siemens, Allen Bradley, Schneider, etc.
Programming languages such as C++.
Experience in environments such as manufacturing, water, power and general industry.
● You have a degree in a related field and at least 5 years of practical experience.
● You are able to work independently as well as part of a team in an agile setting and you enjoy a startup environment.
● You are interested in building new processes and experimenting with real-world data to address business needs.