Automation Engineer Intern
About the internship
Omnio is an IoT start-up connecting the industrial world to the internet. Our vision is to make industrial IoT devices as simple to connect as to connect a mouse to a computer. We are seeking an Automation Engineer Intern for fall 2019.
We are expanding our team across the board and need help evolving test setups and figuring out novel solutions to hard operational challenges. You will gain sharp insights into industrial automation and become familiarized with many different industrial device classes. At Omnio success is a team effort and everyone is important for us to succeed!
You will be working closely with Diego, our Automation Lead and will be able to learn from him and the rest of the team.
The ideal student should be structured, detail oriented and have a drive for Automation Engineering. Moreover, you want an internship in a fast-growing company in the IoT and automation space. You can take responsibility and might have some prior knowledge of PLC’s, Circuit Breakers, Power Meters, Solar Inverters, Voltage Protection Relays, Sensors or other industrial IoT products. At Omnio you could be working with:
● Industrial networking such as ModBus, ProfitNet, EthernetIP, CANbus, MTConnect etc.
● Reverse-engineering of proprietary protocols.
● Experience on different PLC brands.
● Programming languages such as C++.
● Implement different protocol stacks in Omnio’s solution.
● Testing Omnio’s solution physically on devices.
● Act as operational technology expert within Omnio.